Life Transitions Coaching
Transitions and Re-Imagining
As you experience significant change in your life consider this question: How can I creatively adapt to my changing life? As your coach, I Will Walk With You as you experience life transitions and discover renewed meaning, purpose and vitality in your life. Together we face your anxieties and uncertainties through the role-exit process. I will challenge you to consider what you may need to leave behind. We will re-imagine new possibilities for your life; your hopes, dreams and goals of what you really want in life, and who you want to be. We journey into a renewed and exciting future through your creative visioning, renewed empowerment and measurable achievements. As coach, I encourage your focus and commitment and hold you accountable to your goals and dreams.
The Model of Coaching
Coaching is a relationship. It is a partnership, an alliance between coach and client. Together we emphasize a purposeful, future oriented approach toward your exceptional Personal Growth. We re-imagine and clarify your goals and dreams through possibilities thinking, and align them within your whole life.
Coaching recognizes and honours that you are whole, creative and resourceful and that you are the expert in your own life. And so, together we uncover your core values, intuition and insights into the development of your own solutions to your questions. We acknowledge your freedom to design your own visions and strategies, with confidence and courage, to make choices and act, and to accept responsibility and accountability for your life choices.
My Role As Coach
I work within a Personal Growth model that advances a life-long strategy of personal wellness and powerful possibilities for your life. On your journey of self-discovery my primary role as coach is to listen.
Hearing Your Story I:
Help Clarify Your Focus - by asking powerful questions to generate your deeper self-awareness, recognizing your strengths and abilities.
Challenge You - through possibility thinking, to think beyond, aspire beyond, and act beyond your present attitudes, perceptions, and ways of doing things.
Encourage Your Creative Visioning – to articulate and align your goals and dreams to the whole of your life.
Hold You Accountable - to both your vision and your commitment to your designed action steps.
Celebrate Your Achievements – by acknowledging your strengths, delighting in your perseverance, and the celebrating your successes.
Together we dream big dreams for your extraordinary future.
What Part You Play in Coaching
To be successful, coaching asks you to consider:
Your Focus – on yourself, your strengths and successes, and…on asking the tough questions, facing the hard truths.
Your Authenticity – coming wholly as you are, warts and all - to create results flowing from authentic desires and strengths.
Listening - to your intuition, assumptions, judgments; to the way you sound when you speak. To being positive.
Self Reflection - to challenge your existing attitudes, beliefs and behaviors and to develop new, healthier ones which bolster your confidence.
Observing - the behaviors and communications of others and what you can learn from them.
Your Intention - taking decisive action – even when it is uncomfortable, in order to reach for the extraordinary.
Your Personal Confidence – in your values and beliefs. Confidence in maintaining your composure, commitment and determination in the face of disappointment and unmet expectations.
Celebrating your Courage - to reach for more than before, to overcome internal and external obstacles as you shift out of being fear based into being in abundance. To engage in continual self examination, and grow toward fulfillment, success and happiness.
Your Inherent Compassion - for yourself (and others) as you experiment with new ideas and behaviors, and possibly experience setbacks.
Being a Person of Humour - committing to not taking yourself too seriously.
Your Purpose – what do you really want and who do you really want to be.
(Adapted from International Coaching Federation)
Why Having A Coach Will Help You Focus On And Achieve Your Goals
Only you can create the focus to lead to your goals and dreams. I will help focus the focus, and help you imagine the possibilities. Here's an exercise to help in your initial musings. (Adapted from Michael Port)
What Are You Working On? What Are Your Goals?
State your goals in the positive. Be as clear as you can in defining your goals and place them in a specific time frame within which to achieve them.
How Will You Know When You Have Achieved Them? Use all your senses and visualize the results. Imagine how you will really feel and how different your interactions with others will be when you accomplish these goals.
What results will you see?
What feedback will you hear?
What feelings will you have?
Will you feel more... Fulfilled, Enlightened, Energized, Strengthened, Attractive, Spiritual, Interesting, Content?
What Will It Be Worth to You?!
The Core Benefits of Coaching – What You Can Expect
- Renewed belief in yourself and your capacity to live a positive, brilliant and exciting future.
- Relief from anxieties, stress and self-doubt and the development of sustained peace of mind.
- Increased confidence in your ability to handle and master day-to-day challenges.
- More quality time and enjoyment with family and friends. Time and energy to pursue leisure activities and hobbies.
- A deep sense of focus, direction, satisfaction and fulfillment in your personal and professional relationships.
Intense excitement about your future!!
Sampling of Transition Experiences:
- Employment to Unemployment/Retiring
- Health to Illness / Injury/recent diagnoses with chronic illness
- Workaholism to healthy balance of work, home, leisure
- Partnered/Married/Cohabiting/Common-law to experiencing Separation/Divorce/Widow(or)hood
- Questioning Sexuality to Coming out, living as a whole Gay/Lesbian person/acceptance in LGBTQ culture
- Children at home to “Empty nesting”/transition to children beginning school
- Persons of Faith to Humanist/Atheist
- High School student to University/College (student and parents)
- Member of a work team to being promoted/Management (defining new professional boundaries)
- Geographic stability to moving to another community with resultant feelings of displacement/ rural/urban isolation
- Mothers/Fathers with children at home to limited/no contact with their children
- Straight Parents to Gay/Lesbian parents
- Boredom and inertia to reclaiming a fulfilled and gratifying life of health/wellness/leisure
Please contact Tim for further information, or to book you complimentary introductory consultation: